Bussum, Netherlands, July 25, 2011: Twenty Bentham Open Journals receive unofficial impact factor rankings, according to recently released SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2011. These rankings reflects the high quality of research published by Bentham Open Journals.
The Open Clinical Chemistry Journal (http://www.benthamscience.com/open/tocchemj/) topped the Bentham Open Impact factor list with an impact factor up to 4.33. Other journals which gained impact factor were:
1. The Open Ecology Journal (IF: 2.4)
2. Open Hematology Journal (IF: 2.0)
3. Open Bioactive Compounds Journal (IF: 1.33)
4. Open Biomedical Engineering Journal (IF: 1.0)
5. Open Drug Delivery Journal (IF: 1.0)
6. Open Immunology Journal (IF: 1.0)
7. Open Vaccine Journal (IF: 0.85 )
8. Open Respiratory Medicine Journal (IF: 0.75)
9. Open Toxicology Journal (IF: 0.71)
10. Open Drug Metabolism Journal (IF: 0.67)
11. Current Chemical Genomics (IF: 0.63)
12. Open Biotechnology Journal (IF: 0.63 )
13. Open Rheumatology Journal (IF: 0.56)
14. Open Cardiovascular Medicine Journal (IF:0.48 )
15. Open Pharmacology Journal (IF:0.4 )
16. Open AIDS Journal (IF: 0.38)
17. Open Neuropsychopharmacology Journal (IF: 0.36)
18. The Open Infectious Disease (IF: 0.2)
19. Vascular Disease Prevention (IF: 0.22)
The SCImago Journal & Country Rank includes the journals and country scientific indicators developed from the information contained in the Scopus® database (Elsevier B.V.). SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) indicator , developed by SCImago from the widely known algorithm Google PageRank™. This indicator shows the visibility of the journals contained in the Scopus® database from 1996. For details visit: http://www.scimagojr.com/ The Citations per Document to a journal's published document during the two previous years is equivalent to journal impact factor (Thomson Reuters) metric.
Bentham Open is publishing over 230 peer-reviewed open access journals. These free-to-view online journals cover all major disciplines of science, technology, medicine, engineering, mathematics, chemistry, life sciences, pharmaceutical science, earth sciences, social sciences and environmental science. Published exclusively online, the journals are available for FREE viewing via Bentham OPEN's website at www.benthamscience.com/open. This website has now scored an average of 100,000 visitors per month. The high number of visitors is a indicative of the rapid success of Bentham Open. Bentham Open aims to provide scientists, researchers, students and decision makers from academia and industry around the world with freely accessible peer-reviewed published articles.